People these days demand comfort, versatility and convenience in all the utility products that they purchase. The needs are growing inevitably with time and the consumers want to have specific products for the specific tasks or needs that they have. The portables today are the major needs of any household to cater for their needs once they are on the move or somewhere away from their house. The portable induction cooktop is one of the fantastic things you can have in your backpack while you are out on some picnic, hiking or anywhere camping outside. The equipment will allow you to cook food just as you would do at home. They are also used in kitchen countertops and even on dining tables for a number of cooking uses that you can do while comfortably seated. There are many models available in the market and the best portable induction cooktop for anyone will be the one that is feature enriched, durable, versatile and absolutely suitable with the needs and budget of the buyer.
What is an induction cooktop?
Induction Cooktops stand for the Cooktops that are using induction heating which instantly and directly are heating the cookware and bakeware. What is different to the rest simple and usual cooktops is that the very same Cooktop doesn’t loose energy of first heating its surface and then that heat to be transferred to the cookware and bakeware.
Let’s take for example an ordinary cooktop that work in electrical coin system. When the cooktop is turned on the surface is starting to getting hot, and not only the exact surface but also around it. That’s were that kind of Cooktop is loosing its power, its not convenient, It increases the time of for example ‘boiling a water’, and when you got all these characteristics it surely cost you more for electricity.
The Induction Cooktops are different. All the power goes straight to the cookware and bake ware, you will not be witness where the surface around it its getting hotter and hotter which is ordinary with the rest non Induction Cooktops. The Induction Cooktop transfers the electrical energy by induction from a coil of wire into a metal vessel that must be ferromagnetic.
Ferromagnetic is the material of the surface of an Induction Cooktop, and it’s the key feature and technology that defines an Induction Cooktop. Not loosing power means not loosing energy which means not loosing extra money for electricity. Energy efficiency is on top level, we live in a world were people are getting more and more aware that they must act carefully, convenient, for the safe of mother nature, for the safe of ourselves.
This Technology is generally-relatively new. Generally-relatively new because for the engineers and scientist is not new because they used it a lot more in their experiments before we heard of and get in touch with it. And just to be sure, Induction Cooktops are not some ‘not good looking’ compared to the rest for us known cooktops. No no no, there are ‘ass kicking’ models that when you’ll first see them you won’t know what is it. Its design is way more modern and attractive compared to the rest Cooktops, especially for the gas cooktops.
Best induction cooktop reviews 2016
These are powerful machines and particularly designed to help people with quick cooking, no matter whatever the situation of weather is outside. The flameless design is ideal and highly beneficial in outdoor cooking situations where it is too windy for a flame type to work with ease. They have good control on adjusting the heat and all other relevant things which will ensure a top class cooking session outside and away from the house. The designs of almost all the products are compact and they are usually very light in weight, which helps people to carry such machine with utmost ease while they are on the move or cooking outside.
You will see a number of products in this category produced by different manufacturers having different features and specifications. All might not be the one that will offer you great productivity, class and they match your needs with perfection. You really need to shop well to dig out the best available device from the market. There are plenty of good products as well which are popular among a lot of people who are interested in having such systems at home for their needs. The following is a list of the top best induction cooktop reviews which is chosen because of its better product rating, customers’ feedback and the excellent repute of the manufacturer:
Top 3 best portable induction cooktop
Max Burton 6200 Deluxe 1800-Watt Induction Cooktop
It is a feature enriched and a very lightweight, best portable induction cooktop which will give you a good return for the investment you will make. This one is a 1800 watt high quality system with as much as 10 amazing power levels. The controls are push button types which are fairly easy and convenient to use. The system also has an excellent auto shut off feature with a 180 minute timer.
The temperature range of the cooktop falls between the range of 100 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. You can exploit the 10 different temperature control levels to cook food at the right temperature just as you would have liked. The overheat sensor promptly alerts and the LED display shows all the relevant information for your convenience. The users must ensure that they use only the induction compatible cookware over the unit. It has a detector if you use any non induction cookware.
DUXTOP 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner 8100MC
this one is an electrical option using 120V with 15 Amp of electricity and it is powerful enough like any other system that you will see in this category. It is a standard option in all households which is compact in size and lightweight as well. This helps in easy handling, portability and in the storage of the unit as well. The control panel of the system is digital which is very easy to handle.
There is a built in alert system for overheating which operates with a 5 minute increment and run right up to 170 minutes. There are 10 distinct temperature levels that fall in the range of 140 to 460 degrees Fahrenheit. The 10 power levels of the system are in the range of 200 to 1800 watts. The unit comes with a productive 6 foot cord which allows you to use this system with ease either at the kitchen countertop or at your dining table. The induction compatible cookware can only be used with this equipment. All other non induction types will be detected and the system wouldn’t work. The machine also has an auto shut feature where it will automatically shut down if the system doesn’t detect any cookware over it for more than 60 seconds.
Waring SB30 1300-Watt Portable Single Burner
It is a 1300 watt single burner option which comes with a number of useful features to make it the best choice for the people in their outdoor use. First of all it is a handy system to carry with ease in your backpack if you are trekking or camping anywhere outside. The cast iron plate material used is excellent for heating purposes and it also has the ability to retain heat in the system for a longer time.
The thermostat is adjustable and the ready indication and on indicator lights really give some amazing convenience to the user. It has a polished and brushed stainless steel finish. The rubber bottoms are non slippery and will adjust to any kind of rough or uneven surface with ease. The design of the system is low silhouette and it will be one of your favorite belongings at home. The manufacturer has made things further easy by introducing it with 1 year of limited warranty.
Top 3 Double Burner Cooktop
Waring Pro ICT400 Double Induction Cooktop
This waring pro double induction cooktop has two burners that use the latest induction technology. The technology provides high quality, fast heating and energy efficient cooking experience. This best induction cooktop has the ability to heat up and cook while using 70 percent lesser energy as compared to other same caliber products. It has got a double burner that is equipped with variable heat setting options. For the left burner, you can have 8 different heat settings in addition to the on and off option and also a 150 min timer option. While for the right sided burner, there are 5 different heat settings along with the on and off option, as well as a 150 timer options.
It comes with an indicator sound that makes the cooktop beep when the time reached that you have set to cook the food. Also, when you lift off the pan the heat operation gets turned off automatically after 30 seconds. This one is a high quality induction cook top that offers even heat to your pot and provides a safe and a healthy cooking platform. This product should only be used with induction safe cookware. Both sides work independently and none of it affects each side while working on the maximum heating option. The right side has been designed to work or slow cooking, but it is still capable of heating pans for boiling eggs. It measures about 17.4” x 27.2” x 5.4”.
True Induction S2F2 Cooktop
This cooktop by true induction has two burners and can easily be used on countertops. It has been made with high quality glass ceramic that makes it look beautiful and easy to clean. It uses 1800 W power in total. But the total power is sharable within the both burners, as when both burners are in use, each burner has the capability to function at 1800w max so you get more efficient cooking experience than others. The controlling panel of this cooktop comprises of 10 settings that can be set through the touch panel. The settings can be made within 150- 450 F. The items weigh about 11.2 pounds and overall length is 23.6 inches while the height is 2.5 width about 14.12 inches. It can easily be operated with separate settings for each of the burner. It can be run with the 120V output switch in domestic settings.
It is certified as Frustration free and according to the induction cooktop reviews it can be used without any hazards caused to the user as well as the appliance. The induction process is safe to be used by anyone as it doesn’t heat up the cooktop actually, rather initiates an induction process through the magnetic field created and facilitates the molecules to generate the heating effect. This is a completely risk free method and the latest technology that is being used to manufacture the cooktop.
True Induction S2F3 Induction Cooktop
This one has got an advanced technology that makes it portable and easy to use. It is safe while in use and pose no risk or hazards while it is heated. The response time is quick that offers quick and speedy settings and heating up of the food or liquid that is put on it.The induction process is initiated by the latest magnet technology that creates the heating process that is completely safe and quick to heat the pans. This is one of the best induction cooktop that are available on the market.
It utilizes 1800W heating power and the power can easily be shared by both burners and none of the burner would be limited and can function easily at the same time. It can easily be fitted on your counter with its inset design that enables it to give you a seamless cooktop in your kitchen. It comes in the size having 23.5″ width x 14″ length x 3 cm height. It has easy to to control touch panels that can be set on any desirable temperature within the given range. It gives 15 amp within 1800watts and using 110-120 V.
Top 3 Built-in Induction Cooktop
GE PHP900DMBB Profile 30
General electric always offers high quality, safe and state of the art appliances that have the ability to comply with all of your needs. This GE PHP900DMBB 30 inch Profile Electric Induction can be referred to as the best induction cooktop that has got the features which are the most wanted ones and have to be there to improve the quality of the cooking process. There are 4 induction burners for an easy and fast cooking experience. You can use the burners without having any risk. The burners have been designed in a way that provides excellent pan coverage and gives an equal amount of heat throughout the pan bottom.
The cooktop operates through the touch panel settings. The electronic touch panel settings offer 19 control settings that give the options for next step step control
while you are cooking on it. It weighs about 41 pounds and has the size 21.4” x 29.8” x 4.6”. The appliance is totally safe to be used in your kitchen has no hazards or risk caused. It has got the pan sensor whenever you place the pot on the element. The maximum power potential includes 2500W for left- front and left rear elements, 3700W doe 11 inch element and 1800W for 6 inch element in the center.
It is very easy to control and can be quickly set to work within seconds or minutes. The controlling panel is understandable and is not too complex and be worked out easily by anyone using it. The top surface area has a perfect finish and can be cleaned with the help of a damp cloth to retain its shine for a long time. It comes with a 1 year warranty.
GE PHP960DMBB Profile Electric Induction Cooktop
This 36 inch black induction cooktop by General electronic has got an excellent finish and overall performance, to give the user the ease, safety and hassle free cooking through the latest induction technology. This one has got 5 induction burners or can say elements for you to use and speed up the cooking process. The large element has the 11 inch diameter and offers the 3700watts power for speedy and efficient cooking when a large pot is placed there. The cooktop has got an auto shut off feature when the pan has been lifted off from the it. There are 19 different settings that are available and are easy to reach and control right in front of you. It has got a pan sensor and also sense the size to create appropriate induction. There is a timer setting option for you so that you can set up the cooking time easily. It beeps when the cooking time is over. Also, there are light indicators when the element has been turned on and also a separate indicator when the surface is hot, to ensure the safety of the user.
It has control panel lock to ensure any unintended surface touch or control changes. It is very easy to maintain as the ceramic glass top can be cleaned and maintain effortlessly. The product has a weight of 49 pounds and the size dimensions are 0.3” x 8” x 40.8”. The product is ADA compliant.
Frigidaire FGIC3067MB Gallery 30
This Frigidaire cooktop named Frigidaire FGIC3067MB Gallery 30″ induction cooktop offers a complete glass- ceramic coot surface for induction based cooking. This one belongs to the drop-in category and can be fixed on the counter tops or electric oven specially designed to be used on the countertop, above Frigidaire ovens. It has got 4 elements for induction heating, with variable diameter. There are hot surface indicators that gives safe cooking experience. The wattage potential for the left-front element is 1800/2600 Watts, for left rear it is 2300/3200 Watts, for right front it is 2500/3400 Watts and the right-rear it has the value of 1450 to 2000 watts. The required voltage is 240. It gives an excellent cooking experience through quick heating and variable controlling options. Tier settings can be used to set up the required cooking time. There is also a panel lock to avoid any unintended setting alterations. Its weight about 41 pounds and has the size of 4.38 x 21.5 x 30.75 inches. It is very easy to clean and maintain,and requires no extra effort while cleaning.The product is ADA compliant.
Types of induction cooktops
There are mainly three various kinds of cooktops that include
Types of Portable Induction Cooktops:
You will find about three different types of induction systems available in the market. All are different and have got something different to offer to the customers. The following are those three major types with a little bit of explanation of each:
- Built-in Stovetops – These are the most common types available in the market. They are flat structured ceramic units which can be installed somewhere in your kitchen countertop ideally. You can purchase them in different sizes or the zone layouts and they can span from a single up to 5 zone layouts. These ones can be conveniently stored in the locations which are more convenient and accessible for you. They are available in a number of formats so you can choose one which suits your needs and the area available in the countertop that you can reserve for the induction countertop stove. This one is an excellent large scale option which can easily replace your previous rigid style models with ease.
- Freestanding slide-in ranges – The freestanding slide-in ranges are available in the market also as induction stove tops for the ovens. They are capable of fitting in right between the counters. He freestanding ones are also available in a number of sizes, styles, zone counts, zone sizes and layouts. You have the option of availing them either in induction zones or the electric types. The variety of cooking methods, convenience and flexibility are the Unique Selling Points of these stovetops. Some of the top features which you can exploit in this machine include touch pad controls, timers, multi level power, child safety lock, slide-in range with the induction top, residual heat indicators, simmer setting, auto safety switch, spill detect shutoff, pan size detection, pot and pan recognition, keep warm function, spill detect shut off and the overheat shut off. You can shop according to your needs and find an option with all the features packed in one which you desire.
- Stand alone units – These ones are the portable and the convenience and versatility attached with such types is absolutely unbeatable as compared with any of the other types of stovetops. This type of induction stovetop allows you the flexibility to introduce the induction stovetop wherever and whenever it suits you according to your needs. The portability also allows you to carry the unit with ease, and you also have the option of storing it conveniently due to its compact size and lightweight design. They are usually preferred to carry with you to form an outdoor kitchen on some trip or camping outside. You can take it to a friend’s house for a cooking session while having fun with your mates. It provides users with fast and quick cooking according to the occasion. They are available either in single or double units which have the capability to supplement the current kitchen layout that you already have at your home. Some of the top and most useful features that can be seen in such systems include pan recognition, LED display, hot warning display, temperature memory, multi level heating, auto shut timer, safety sensor and the digital LED readout. These are all amazing features and you will be lucky to find all best portable induction cooktopin reviews one under a reputable manufacturer’s banner.
Advantages and Disadvantage of Induction Cooktop
An induction cooktop is among the latest devices in the kitchen that have brought efficiency and power economy to new high levels. They are designed using induction technologies that seek to help chefs cook faster and enjoy every minute in their kitchens. Here are their main advantages and cons to consider before deciding to buy.
- Using an induction cooktop provides you with instant heat. Though many people might think they can get that using gas, it is important to note that induction will heat water faster compared to gas and other methods. This is because of latest technology application.
- With induction heating, there is little or no loss of heat. The heater only heats your cookware and not the entire surface of air. This makes this method 70% more efficient compared to gas or electric methods.
- The level of safety with induction cooktops is very high. When cooking with children around, safety is very crucial. The burner only heats when you place the pan on it. Besides, when you remove it, it switches off immediately and cools rapidly. Within seconds, you can touch the burner and not burn your fingers. You can, therefore, relax knowing that curious children will not burn their fingers easily.
- The induction cooktop is the easiest to clean compared to other traditional types. Traditional devices such as gas or electric cooks are hectic because food falls and hides in some parts that make it hard to remove and clean. However, food cannot be baked on the induction system, and when dirt accumulates, cleaning is very easy. Simply wipe with a clean damp cloth to get the lovely original outlook and optimally performing system.
- The lovely appearance of an induction cooktop a critical addition for interior décor. For people who fancy stylish and modern outlook in their kitchens, the design giving to a smooth and shiny appearance will make the kitchen get an enthralling outlook. With an induction cooktop, you can never go wrong on interior décor.
While there are many merits of getting induction cooktops, they are not without demerits.
- First, they are very costly compared to common electric or gas cookers. However, it is important to rethink the involved technology application in design and construction. Besides, factor the time you will be taking to cook using induction system compared to others. When all of these narrow down to costs, you are going to make more savings and enjoy higher value for money with an induction cooktop.
- The cookware to be used is a major issue. Many are the people who think that they require totally new pans and pots in order to use the induction system. The problem is that many are those who do not understand how to test whether their current pans can be used with the induction cooktop. Therefore, they go for completely new sets of pots and pans; a consideration that results in great elevation of costs.
Ask any related question and be sure of getting the most comprehensive and best answer on this page.
The best induction cooktop for the users will be the one which is exactly according to their needs and specification. On the other side, it must be enriched with top quality features which are easy to exploit. Moreover, the budget of the consumer is also an important thing to consider. If all these conditions are satisfied then the deal surely would be an amazing one for the user.